Monday, October 13, 2008

Footloose!


That's me! Front row right of center (stage right that is~ your left). What a great bunch of freaks and geeks we are!
This is one of those shows that I wasn't ready to be done with. I really loved being a part of it. I played Ethel, mom of Ren, the lead character (Kevin Bacon in the movie. Although the musical is quite different.) It was not a particularly challenging role for me. I had only a few lines and one musical number (a trio), and I didn't have to dance. Woo! Hoo! I did my best and people responded well to my work. Its really the most you can hope for. The added bonus of spending so much time with some really great people just made the whole thing better!
Now its CJ's turn! He'll be playing a Lost Boy in Peter Pan! I am so excited to have him finding joy in acting the way that I do! I can't wait to watch him.
Well, I felt bloggy and really expected yo share some great stuff here, but I'm sleepy and my brain is not fully functional. So, that's all you get. So long Footloose!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I do wish I would have been able to see you perform... Alas, I didn't get your text message in time. I know you were estupendo!!

Let me know about Peter Pan... I am sure my girls would be interested in coming to see it.

Kimberly said...

I would have loved to see your show -- wish you lived closer. By the way, did you know that Allie was a lost girl in Peter Pan last year? It was a ballet, so it was very different.

Dawn said...

time to blog again sista!! I am sure you have something to say, something...