Sunday, November 29, 2009

#4 FRIENDS!

No, all you smarty-pants types, I don't mean to say that this is the first year that I have had friends. However this last year (give or take) has provided great opportunity for me to appreciate true friendships.
Of course, the year started off with my "ROCK STAR" birthday party. A house full of friends willing to wear costumes to celebrate my 35th birthday was probably all the proof I needed that I was loved, but it was just the start! Again, no major moments can be outlined as defining my friendship status, there are just a lot of moments of wonderful people willing to love and be loved that have really touched my heart.
I couldn't possibly name each friend or each moment but, how about a few highlights:
Jen O - Fabulous, fabulous, Jen. She has given me little gifts, more than once this year, just to tell me that she appreciates my friendship. She has trusted me to pray and counsel with her. She even was friend enough to apologize when she - accidentally - hurt my feelers. For 10 years now, Jen has managed to put a smile on my face whenever I see her and this year especially, it has really blessed my heart!
CJ's Graduation - It is only a few kids in our area who will celebrate completion of their 8th grade year. Because of this, I was uncertain of how people would react to receiving invitations to a BBQ in honor of my son's. I was certainly not disappointed. My house and yard were full of great friends! The best part? These were mostly people who first knew Troy or myself, then came to know and love our son because of their love for us. That is a true blessing!
Myndie - I truly believe that there will never be a year in my life from now on in which Myndie - my BFF - isn't a special part! So that means she is a highlight in this year as well!
I could go on and on:
Brother/friends like Matt and Jeremy who trust me to help them in the tough times
Long time friends like Torry, Tami, Becky, Dawn, and Kathy whose friendships seem to gain another layer with each new year.
New friends like Derek who helped make a scary new experience like college easier and so much more fun.
Special friends like Cathlin and Avril who helped me learn about the gift of forgiveness and healing.
And of course, my pukers who have celebrated each new, happy moment with me this year.
I love you ALL, my sweet friends! You make my life a great joy to live!

No comments: